To copy data to the opendap server (http://opendap.deltares.nl for production or http://dtvirt5.deltares.nl for tests) we use the scp protocol. You can copy the files manually using winscp. You can also do it in a more convenient way:
To be able to use fabric you need to install a few things. Follow the following steps:
- Install python (http://www.python.org/download/, choose 2.6 for now)
- Install setuptools (http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools#windows)
- Add the following paths to your system path: c:\python26, c:\python26\scripts (control panel -> system -> advanced -> environment variables -> system variables -> PATH)
- Go to command window (Windows+r -> cmd)
- Type "easy_install pip"
- Type "pip install pywin32"
- Type "pip install fabric" (you need a compiler for this step) if you don't have a compiler please install cygwin or mingw.
You should now be able to type fab in the command window.
The Fabric page describes how to use it.