In summary, the Educational level of the MI-SAFE package includes:
- Visualization and availability of EO global open source data in an easy-to-use on-line viewer (MI-SAFE viewer).
- Generation and visualization of FAST modelling outputs in an online viewer using knowledge rules and numerical analysis at global scale (i.e. with relatively high uncertainties)
- Access to the knowledge rules generated by the FAST project (The science behind MI-SAFE).
- Access to methodological videos to produce similar products with our scientific standards ('FAST methodological videos').
Specifically, the services of the MI-SAFE Expert level include:
- Value added products from Sentinel in agreement with use conditions specified by the FAST team and the ESA through the online MI-SAFE GeoNetwork CSW catalogue .
- Access to knowledge rules (expressed in the algorithms and linked to knowledge producers) and access to project Deliverables during training sessions.
- Invitation to expert starter training sessions integrated in Delft Software Days.
- Membership of a Community of Practice (CoP) that promotes the further professionalization of “eco engineers” by promoting and facilitating the exchange between (civil) engineers and ‘green infrastructure / biogeomophology’ experts.
The services of the Advanced level has to be defined in interaction with the FAST team in the corresponding commercial service level agreement. As a summary, these services can include:
- Delivering the best quality data for the service requested.
- Collecting and processing EO imagery.
- Collecting and processing hydrodynamic boundary conditions.
- Integrating high-resolution datasets in FAST analysis framework.
- Performing ground truthing field work to calibrate and validate datasets (including instrumentation if required).
- Capacitating (training) the client to perform independently the required steps following FAST protocols
Building new functionalities such as:
- Analysis of seasonality, temporal and spatial trends of foreshore and vegetation properties.
- Probabilistic scenario analysis of overtopping and failure of infrastructure.
- Future sea level rise or wave and storm surge forcing scenarios analysis.
Advanced flooding, inundation, damage analysis making use of couplings of FAST with the RISC-KIT toolbox, Coastal Hazard Wheel and Delft3D software.
Advice and training
- Advice from the FAST team (problem analysis, review, quality check and support)
- Extended training on use of XBeach and FAST in the integrated model interface Delft Dashboard.
- Extended on site training or educational services.
- Advice on project development.