The operator client (Gui) is the user end - thick client.
- normal pc,
- minimum 512 MB RAM
- operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Server 2008 / 2012(R2), Linux RedHat / CentOS / SUSE
- amount needed: as many as there are clients
- possibilities to use under usable in Citrix
Forecasting Shell Server
The forecasting shell server is the server for execution of forecast runs. It contains the modelling software and it's operation is controlled by the Master Controller
- advised internal memory and CPU: Minimum 2 GB RAM and 1 one CPU core per FSS instance, CPU typically Intel Xeon 2.33 GHz or equivalent.
- operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Server 2008 / 2012(R2), Linux RedHat / CentOS / SUSE contains modelling software (incl. licenses), OS usually dependent on 3rd party modules and modelling software
- amount needed: Minimum minimum 2, more depends on computational load
- a master-controller can use Windows and linux forecasting shells can be used simultaneously
Master Controller Server
The master controller organises task traffic and scheduling
- advised internal memory and CPU: minimum 1 GB RAM per MC instance.
- CPU typically Intel Xeon 2.33 GHz or equivalent.
- operating system: Windows 7 / 8 / 10, Server 2008 / 2012(R2), Linux RedHat / CentOS / SUSE, Other Unix-like operating systems possible (e.g. HP-UX, Solaris), as long as there is a Java JRE with the correct version available for the OS.
- A JMS provider such as JBoss 4 / 5 or activeMQ is required but is allowed to be on a separate server. JBoss 4 and 5 cannot function with JRE 8 but require either JRE 6 or JRE 7.
- amount needed: it is recommended to have one machine per master-controller.