- Open a new project
- Start in Generic Data by defining a Coastline, a Cross-shore profile (slope) a Wave climate and sediment characteristics.
- Only the wave climate and not the extreme wave climate is considered in the calculation.
- A nearshore wave climate is calculated based on linear wave theory in case an offshore wave climate is provided.
- If required, define breakwater structures. Make sure the breakwaters intersect the coastline.
- Open the Coastline development tool.
- Provide input according to the user input field description below.
- Press the (magnitude information along a specified amount of shorenormal transects along the coastline.
) button to obtain sediment transport
- The Red arrow indicates the nett sediment transport magnitude in m3/year at the nett direction at that transect.
- The Green arrow indicates the gross sediment transport from left to right in m3/year at that transect.
- The Blue arrow indicates the gross sediment transport in m3/year from right to left at that transect.
- Press the play button to start the coastline evolution calculation. A shoreline will be plotted on the map for each speficied time interval. An S-phi curve is plotted per wave condition.
- Press the delete button to delete the coastlines from the map.