- data gathering and instrumentation: incl. field trip to Dutch coastal observatory "Sand engine": HF Radar, Argus camera, jetski with DGPS+sonar
- data and information cycle, data use for EU policy purposes: MSFD and WISE marine, EMECO
- data management, quality, versioning and cataloguing: OpenEarth, DOI citeability via DataCite (as in Pangea), INSPIRE and Google searching.
- (full day) data dissemination: EU portal landscape: EMODnet, EuroGOOS, EurOBIS, ICES, MyOcean, SeaDataNet
- (full day) data analysis: variational analysis with DIVA, and EOF analysis with DINEOF
- (full day) data assimilation: introduction to data assimilation with OpenDA
- big data: how to deal with data that extend the size of your local hard disk (> 2TB): OGC WPS, netCDF-CF-OPeNDAP,ESA G-POD