The OATC will release new versions of the GUI and the SDK from time to time. However, correction of minor bugs or inconveniences does not automatically trigger a release. This means that in some cases it can be useful to get a non released version of either the SDK or the configuration editor. Although the code you would get is not tested to the same extend as released code, it should still be pretty stable due to extensive unit testing.
The OATC OpenMI source code is located on the SourceForge open source server. using SVN for version control.
If you want to download the most recent version (currently the 1.4.1 development version) you should follow the steps listed below:
- If you do not already have svn client installed on your computer you need to install such client. We recommend the Tortoise, which works as plug-in for you windows explorer. You can download the free version from : http://tortoisesvn.net/
- Now create a folder where you what the source code to be located.
- Right click on the newly created directory and select SVN Checkout...
- In the dialog that appears enter https://openmi.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/openmi/branches/OpenMI-Version-1-4-Trunk in the URL of repository field and click the OK button.
- All the files are then downloaded to your computer and you should see the dialog shown below while downloading.
Once you have been through these steps you can simply righ click on you local directory and select "update" in order to get the most recent version.