During iEMSs 2010 conference in Ottawa we had an open discussion between OpenM and OMS developers. Possible interoperability between two frameworks were discussed.
Some notes taken by me during meeting:
- investigate overlap between OMS and OpenMI (scope)?
OMS: process-based component (subroutine / function level)
OpenMI: make model from different vendors (legacy code) working on time/space domain talk to each other
- compare communities of both frameworks
- implementing adapter from OMS to OpenMI by wrapping OMS components and making them available as OpenMI.
- Make OMS Java available as OpenMI Java component, connect distributed rainfall-runoff model to FRAMES
- People to be involved in implementation:
Deltares, Stef, Gena, Bert, Peter