See also: OATC Wiki Home

Date: 02. December 2010
Time: 10:00 - 11:00 CET
Venue: Skype Conference Call
Topic: From OpenMI 2.0 Beta to OpenMI 2.0

Table of contents

Participants

Adrian Harper, MWH Soft Ltd (adrian.harper@mwhsoft.com)
Stef Hummel, Deltares (stef.hummel@deltares.nl)
Jesper Grooss, DHI (jgr@dhigroup.com)
Standa Vanecek, DHI (s.vanecek@dhi.cz)
Peter Schade, Bundesanstalt fuer Wasserbau (peter.schade(at)baw.de)
Unknown User (don), Deltares (gennadii.donchyts@deltares.nl)
Rob Knapen, Alterra, Wageningen UR (Rob.Knapen@wur.nl)

Apologies:

1 Informations from the OAEC meeting (Standa)

1.1 Official paper

Some document, describing steps we did for the version a statement, than OATC is happy with the status of Version 2 is required.
Content we will be obtained soon. Status (question) : we are still waiting.
Up to this moment version is temporaly accepted.

1.2 Actions to SVN Repository and web sites before release

SVN Repository

The following actions have to be taken:

  • Stef/Jesper: check SDK (See ch. 5)
  • Stef: Create tags fixing C# and java release version of the Standard
    (warning) Everone: remove depricated branches

    branch

    to be removed by

    status

    *adrian*

    Adrian

    (thumbs up)

    gregersen*

    Jan Gregersen

    (thumbs up)

    *robk*

    Rob

    (thumbs up)

    *extendable

    Jesper

    (thumbs up)

    *gena-exp*

    Gena

    (warning) Stef will check with Gena

Web sites

Standa: arrange wiki, i.e.:

  • etc. (adjust related texts)
    Pages not yet referenced from www.openmi.org, will be done when standard is formally released.

Peter: make proposal for openmi.org site (news, button, etc., referring to the wiki).

^Release of OpenMI 2 News 0_3.doc|\: The final text will be put on the www.openmi.org "More flexibility with OpenMI 2.0" button. From this page people can go to the wiki.

Status: checked by Stephen.
(question) We are waiting for a reaction from OADC or Roger

1.3 OpenMI 2.0 at conferences, workshops etc.

Integrated Environmental Modelling Summit USGS

  • 7-9 December 2010 at USGS Offices in Washington
  • A few OAEC / OATC representatives present, surely OpenMI 2.0 will be mentioned.

2. Roadmap to OpenMI 2.0 as suggested by Standa

2.1. Documentation

Updating of the Documentation

document

comment

task for

status

Incorporate text on Standard Extensions in OpenMI Standard2 interface specification

 

PS

Done

OpenMI Standard2 Reference manual

when source code will be stabilized

SV

Will be done in week 48

Migrating models

 

SV/JGr

Will clean up the document and check it (JGr>SV>JGr>Steve). Done, but: (question) There might still come a reaction to Steve

Maybe change the names for OpenMI Standard2 interface specification and OpenMI Standard2 Reference manual ?
They will be called OpenMI Standard 2 Specification and OpenMI Standard 2 Reference ( Peter ) (thumbs up)

We will send the final PDF's to the dissimination committee. Once we are completely done we the last issues we will create a tag OpenMI2.0 from the trunk, and put on sourgeforge that OpenMI can be downloaded from there.

2.2. How to

page

comment

task for

status

How to link models with different grids (spatial mapping)

small changes, but add reference to new unit test on Groundwater/OpenWater in SDK

Peter (week 46/47)

started (warning) Note: Stef will notify Peter on the final test project locations and name spaces

How to upgrade from version 1.4 IEngine

Did it work now? Will be included to the official release?
– or put it to the pages later?

(JG)/SH

Is OK

time-dependent / time-independent mixing

how to mix time-dependent and time-ignorant model components

-

Will be done later (not needed before releasing 2.0)

3. Remaining issues from previous meetings

Issue

Description

status

decision

<new issue>

<description>

<status: open>

-

4. GUI

Adrian:
(thumbs up) create readme.txt
(warning) mention the GUI's state and purpose on the wiki pages
(on http://public.deltares.nl/display/OPENMI/OpenMI+Association+Technical+Committee)
A sourceforge project for Fluid Earth SDK and Pipistrelle GUI has been created
At early January the sources will be put there.
At Easter a beta release will be available.
The Oatc will be involved in the developments.

5. SDK

Status:

  • Example of how one input can handle multiple outputs are implemented/tested. (warning) Jesper will try to answer as many of the todo's/questions in the code as possible, and mention that the GUI-code will later on be adjusted to show how the multiple input works.

A project plan is probably required in the near future (when the standard is released), in order to have the SDK move in a proper direction.
(thumbs up) We will keep our issue tracker up, and will watch the developments at the Fluid Earth SDK.
(warning) Jesper and Stef will look at the SDK, clarify things were possible, and report what in their opinion still has to be done (next two weeks)

6. OpenMI 1.4 64 bit

Problems with InfoWorks (OpenMI 1.4; Windows 7; 64bit)

Request from Johan van Assel (Aquafin):
"As far as I understand it, the problem lies in InfoWorks and not so much in Pipistrelle or in OpenMI 1.4, but in general I think it would be interesting if this information would be available to people.  For the OpenMI Standard and for the standard (OATC/Pipistrelle) SDK and GUI, I suppose it could easily be mentioned.  But for the individual softwares, might it be possible to have it somewhere in the compliance file ?"

-> A new Wiki-Page: "How to run OpenMI on 64 bit Windows systems" (question)

7. Project management tool

(question) Experiences?

8. Next Meeting

Skype session: dec. 16nd, 10:00-11:O0 CET (9:00-10:00 UTC)