Relatively fast empirical relations, rapid assessment tools & simple models are not developed in a consistent, uniform & systematic manner, and are therefore often lacking:
- The integration of different disciplines
- Uniform and clear visualizations
- Proper validation and robustness
- Full interactivity and flexibility potential
This is what we try to change with CoDeS!
- A framework in which tools from different disciplines are implemented, with focus on:
- Discipline integration
- A joint cooperation between Deltares, Witteveen+Bos and Royal HaskoningDHV.
- Developing an open community in which engineers can contribute to the framework
Why do we believe in CoDeS?
- It supports clients & stakeholders in early design phases of interventions in coastal systems
- Quick first order insights - in a range of disciplines - allows for realistic/optimal designs
- Allows for interactive communication of insights to clients and stakeholders (e.g. design sessions)
Validation, consistency and robustness is crucial for gaining confidence in the result of basic tools
CoDeS TKI projects
The CoDeS tools are developed within the following TKI projects:
The CoDeS tools were presented for an international audience at the International Conference on Coastal Engineering '18 (ICCE '18). The slides can be found here, and provide an extensive background of CoDeS tools.