For Citrix kind of installations, one can edit or create shortcuts in a different way. This is explained here.
How to create a Delft-FEWS portable package (shortcut with relative path) -
Steps to follow (Windows)
If you want to share a Delft-FEWS application and you want to distrubute a 'ready-to-launch' (SA) package regardless the location on a computer, please follow the steps below. In this way, after unzipping the package, the user only have to double-click the *lnk file in the Region_Home and the application launches (so CreateShortcuts.exe can be avoided by the end user).
- Create your Delft-FEWS Stand-Alone application (in Delft-FEWS terminology: Region_Home folder), anywhere on your system;
- Add an appropriate *patch.jar in the root of this folder (if it is not in there yet. It might be there already)
- Copy a Delft-FEWS binaries /bin/ folder INSIDE the Stand-Alone application folder;
- Navigate into the bin/windows folder, locate the CreateShortcuts.exe and run it;
- Create a shortcut to the clientConfig.xml in your Stand-Alone application folder (tick the box 'Region Home' only);
- Close the CreateShortcuts.exe;
- Test if the newly created *.lnk file works
- Close Delft-FEWS again.
- Use a file-packer (e.g. WinZip) to zip up the Delft-FEWS Stand Alone Application as a whole. This is now the distributable package!