The time series modifier is a modifier which allows the forecaster to edit modify a timeseries by selecting points in a graph (graphical appointment of modifiers, aka GAM, see below) or by changing values in a modifier table. In most applications of this modifier the forecaster is directly editing modifying a time series which that is used by the trasnformations or external models. For example it might It might, for example, be used to directly edit the modify a precipitation time series. This is contrary to how for example the single value modifier WECHNG is used. This modifier edits modifies an empty time series which that is than read used by the a snow17-model which modifies for modifying its state based on the input from this modifier. A time series modifier always has has the following characteristics:
- The time series modifier has always a start- and end date.
- The time series modifier can (Optionally, if configured) have a valid time
When using a valid time in combination with a is used the behaviour is different for time series types:
- When a modified time series is a simulated forecast timeseries, the modifier is applied from the valid time to T0.
- modified time series is an external forecast
- time series, and no valid time is configured, the modifier is
- valid for all external forecast times.
- When a modified time series is an external forecast time series, and a valid time is configured, the modifier is valid for the valid time only.
The forecaster can edit this modify time series by making changes in table or in the graph. The changes in the graph are made by clicking in the graph.
- When the user clicks from left to right then the values between the points are interpolated.
- When the user clicks from right to left only the newly added or changed points are adjusted but no interpolation will be done between the last two points.
- When more than one time series is shown in the display it is possible to make a selection of which time series should edited when making changes by clicking in the graph.
- The time series which should be changed can be selected by clicking on the legend of that example time series in the graph.
Besides editing modifying the time series by editing values in the graph or table another type , processing functions can be selected by from the dropdownbox. Available options processing functions are:
- ignore time series
- time series