Fresh-saline study Province of Flevoland
Project period: 2007-2008
Description: The goal of this study, as defined by the Province, is:
To make available knowledge about the groundwater system for strategy development for sustainable exploitation of fresh groundwater, groundwater managemen and planning.
In this fresh-saline study integration of the following components have lead to more understanding of the effects of groundwater extractions on sustainable fresh groundwater management:
1. an inventory of chloride concentration measurements; \ \
2. a water system analysis, \ \;
3. a three-dimensional fresh-brackish-saline groundwater mapping, \ \;
4. a monitoring campaign in the Noordoostpolder near Espel, and \ \;
5. analytical and numerical modeling of the effects of groundwater extractions on the groundwater system.
Report: Fresh-saline study Province Flevoland (in Dutch)