PhD 1: Rapid regional mapping of salt-fresh water distributions
- Assess locations and volumes of fresh and brackish water in deltas through combining airborne geophysics, conventional monitoring techniques, modelling and data-model integration
- Map out vulnerabilities and opportunities for fresh as well as brackish water use and control
PhD 2: Rapid modelling and scenarios for strategic policy development
UU, PhD Daniel Zamrsky
- Build a toolbox (set of methods) for quick but comprehensive model construction, using state-of-the-arte codes
- Assess current and future fresh-saltwater distributions.
- Assess regional effects of water management and water technology measures for fresh-salt water use and control.
PhD 3: Operational management of regional salt-fresh water resources
TUDelft, PhD Boran Aydin
Set up integrated system to predict fresh water availability to enable day-to-day fresh water control for both water managers and fresh water users