In this section (Generic data – Bathymetry) you can specify the bathymetry data that can be used in all tools. Bathymetry data consists of 2 types, a cross-shore profile (which is required) and a spatial varying field (which is an optional extra).
The generic bathymetry data is available in all tools.The cross-shore profile data is used at locations where a spatial varying field is not available.
The cross-shore profile can be defined manually and uses the coastline as a reference line (from Generic data - Coastline). At this moment, only a constant slope is supported. Fill in a slope as a 1:.. (e.g. 1:100) value.
Spatial varying field
The spatial varying field can be loaded from *.xyz and *.asc (ASCII-grid) files by clicking the () button, and is available in CoDeS as a point cloud.
Besides loading the pointcloud from an external file, you can also generate and/or modify the bathymetry yourself.
Click the () button to generate a spatial varying field based on the constant slope and the coastline. Fill in the offshore distance, the onshore distance, the cross-shore spacing and the alongshore spacing of the grid on which the bathymetry is calculated.
Once a spatial varying field is available in CoDeS, it can be modified:
) click this button and put your pointer on the map. Click the LMB and start drawing a polygon. Double click the LMB to close the polygon. Within the selected polygon, all points can be modified using the edit mode. You can choose between:
- SetValue - Give all points within the polygon a single value.
- Add - Add a value to all points within the polygon.
- Subtract - Subtract a value from all points within the polygon.
- Multiply - Multiply all values within the polygon with a value.
- Division - Divide all values within the polygon with a value.
- ( ) click this button and put your pointer on the map. Click the LMB and start drawing a polygon. Double click the LMB to close the polygon. Click Confirm to delete all points from the map.
- ( ) click this button and enter a value. Click the ( ) button and move your pointer to the map. Click on a location to add a point with the provided value at that location.
- ( ) click this button to delete the spatial varying field from CoDeS.