Since FEWS version 2017.02 build #82486. Replacing Config Update Script
FSS with DDA
This module is specifically designed for FSS's with DDA.
Since 2017.02 the config management has been redesigned making the old Config Update Script obsolete.
A new simplified module has been introduced which imports and updates new versions of MapLayerFiles: .csv files and .dbf files with corresponding .shp, .shx and .sll files.
The map layer files need to be already present in the default config (current config revision set) and is case sensitive.
It will check whether all imported files are present in the current revision.
It will validate whether the new configuration is still valid.
If the new configuration is not valid the new files will be imported and a new config revision set will be created. The files will be moved to the backupDir.
When the new configuration is NOT valid NO files will be imported and NO new config revision set will be created. The files will be moved to the failedDir.
Stand Alone (testing only)
This module is not designed for a SA application, but can be used for testing.
For this the next steps need to be taken:
- Start an OC and create a replica of the database with config (F12 – Database – replicate central database) time series are not necessary
- Create a SA with the replicated localdatastore without (!) config directory
- Place new version of the active .csv, .dbf and .shp files in the configured import directory
- Start the SA and run de ConfigUpdateModule
- When a new config revision set has been created it will have an id like: "unknown;X"
- If a new config revision has been created, errors can occur due to on the fly config update which a SA can not handle. The errors should disappear after restart.
- Close the SA and restart
- Export the default config (F-12 export – default config)
- Check whether the new .csv, .dbf en .shp files are present.