Oeverinscharing zandwinput Bergweg, Overijssel, 1997
This document contains the requirements and functional design for a software kernel that computes the safety assessment of the failure mode flow slide.
The functional requirements for D-FlowSlide are:
- Every computation by D-FlowSlide deals with one surface level and a 1D Soil profile.
- The original surface line as used in DAM or Ringtoets (WTI) contains a whole set of characteristics points. D-FlowSlide needs only a subset.
- The safety assessment consists of passing through different phases:
- A Global check according to the global assessment rules given in Toetsmethode zettingsvloeiing (versie 2, 22 februari 2016) ; A Global assessment is solely based on geometric characteristics of under water slope and levee,
- A Detailed check according to the probabilistic assessment method described in Toetsmethode zettingsvloeiing (versie 2, 22 februari 2016); In the detailed check also soil properties are taken into account.
- An Advanced check is usingthe two advanced programs of Deltares:
In the folowing paragraphs the functional design for D-FlowSlide has been explained. Detailed documentes can be found in the literature list
The definition of the symbols used in this Background section can be found in the Symbols list.
Assessment scheme D-Flow Slide
The figure below shows the assessment scheme for D-Flow Slide, which largely corresponds with the steps in the safety assessment in WBI2017.
Figure 1: Assessment scheme for D-Flow Slide