McTools & OpenEarth Tools
McTools vs. OpenEarth
McTools started as the concerted effort of people at Deltares to join forces in using sophisticated matlab tools in the area of marine and coastal science and technology. McTools was launched by Mark van Koningsveld at Deltares. McTools is limited to Deltares employees.
The open source twin of McTools is called OpenEarth. OpenEarth started is the concerted effort of people at in Delft to join forces in using sophisticated matlab tools in the area of ocean, marine, coastal, river and freshwater science and technology. These Delft institutes include Deltares (former Delft Hydraulics) and Delft University of Technology 's Hydraulic Engineering and Environmental Fluid Mechanics Section. OpenEarth will also play a key role in the data and knowlegde management of the research programme Building with Nature.
This wiki contains useful information and links regarding McTools:
- OpenEarthTools: all general info on both the McTools and OpenEarthTools principles.
- McTools programs
- McTools developers
- Getting started with developing McTools with a version tracking system
- Sprintsession 2007, Dec 06-07 (WL)
- Sprintsession 2008, Mar 20 (Deltares)
- Sprintsession 2008, Jun 04 (Deltares)
- Sprintsession 2008, Jun 17-20 (USGS, Woods Hole)
- Sprintsession 2008, Aug 20 (Deltares)
- Sprintsession 2008, Nov 10 (MICORE WP2 workshop)
- Sprintsession 2008, Dec 15 (Deltares)
- Sprintsession 2009, Feb 10 (Deltares)
- Tech Notes:
- McTools Forum
McTools is currently managed by <gerben.deboer at deltares.nl> of Deltares and TU Delft's Environmental Fluid Mechanics Section.