Homepage Salt Water Intrusion Meetings
- 2017 23-28 April: European Geosciences Union, General Assembly
Zamrsky, D., Bierkens, M. and G.H.P. Oude Essink, 2017. On aquifer thicknesses and geological complexity affecting fresh/salt groundwater distribution.
Van Engelen, J., Oude Essink, G.H.P., Kooi, H., Bierkens, M.F.P. 2017. On the origins of hypersaline groundwater in the Nile Delta Aquifer.
Boran, B.E., Rutten, M., Oude Essink, G.H.P., Delsman, J.R., Abraham, E. 2017 Smart salinity management in low-lying deltaic areas: a model predictive control scheme applied to a test case.
Siemon, B., Van Baaren, E., Dabekaussen, W., Delsman, J.R., Gunnink, J., Karaoulis, M., De Louw, P., Oude Essink, G., Pauw, P., Steuer, A., Vermaas, T., Meyer, U. 2017. FRESHEM - Fresh-saline groundwater distribution in Zeeland (NL) derived from airborne EM.
- Wanted: Ghent University Belgium: Assistant Prof. Hydrogeology
- 2015 28 June - 3 July: IAHR, Delft, The Netherlands, Deltas of the Future
- 2015, 9-12 June: AquaConSoil, Copenhagen, Denmark: Sustainable Use and Management of Soil, Sediment and Water Resources
- 2015 12-17 April, EGU, Wenen, Oostenrijk, HS8.2.9 Freshwater-saltwater interactions in coastal and inland aquifers
- 2015 23-26 March, Deutschen Geophysikalischen Gesellschaft, Hannover, Duitsland: o.a. Hydrogeofysica en grondwatersystemen
- International Conference Deltas in Times of Climate Change II, 24-26 September 2014 ->Download the Flyer (check Fresh Water Management)
- IAEG XII Congress, Torino September 15-19, 2014: Engineering Geology for Society and Territory, 1.4 - Climate change: impacts on natural resources and hazards
- Regional Workshop on Saltwater Intrusion Modeling & Implications of Sea Level Rise: July 23-24, 2014, South Florida Water Management District
- 23rd Salt Water Intrusion Meeting, Husum, Germany, 16-20 June 2014
Presentation: Esther van Baaren, Bouke Ottow, Marco Arts, Pieter Pauw, Gualbert Oude Essink, Sharing precious water volumes in the Water Farm
Presentation: Marta Faneca, Gualbert Oude Essink, Gijs Janssen, Roelof Stuurman, Yangxiao Zhou, SWIBANGLA, Managing Salt Water Impacts in Bangladesh
Presentation: Pieter Pauw, Controlled level drainage to expand freshwater lenses below creek ridges
Presentation: Sebastian Huizer, Can a large sand suppletion lead to a substantial increase in fresh water resources?: The Sand Motor Project
Presentation: Gualbert Oude Essink, Daniel Zamrsky, Marta Faneca, Global Quick Scan of the Vulnerability of Groundwater systems to Tsunamis (and other flooding events)
Poster: Esther van Baaren, Perry de Louw, Gualbert Oude Essink, Regional variable-density groundwater flow model: a Dutch case in the southwestern delta
- EGU, Vienna, Austria, 27 April - 2 May 2014
- FRIEND-Water2014, Vietnam, Hanoi, 24-28 February 2014: 7th Global FRIEND-Water Conference Hydrology in a Changing World: Environmental and Human Dimensions
- 22nd Salt Water Intrusion Meeting, Buzios, Brazil, June 17-21, 2012
Presentation: Esther van Baaren, The Water Farm: self-sufficient in water
Presentation: Gualbert Oude Essink, Local Climate Proof Fresh Groundwater Supply: adaptation water management strategy with national impact?
Presentation: Gualbert Oude Essink, Geophysics Applied to Coastal Aquifer Studies
Presentation: Gualbert Oude Essink, How to determine a reliable 3D fresh-brackish-saline distribution in data-rich coastal groundwater systems
Presentation: Joost Delsman, Salt load to an agricultural catchment: 'seepage flux times concentration', or is there more to it than that? Insights from a multi-scale tracer study
Presentation: Esther van Baaren, Climate Proof Areas: Innovative solutions for improving the freshwater availability
Poster: Pieter Pauw, Large scale drainage measures to increase freshwater supply from sandy creek deposits
Poster: Gualbert Oude Essink, Airborne Geophysics: a powerful tool to start up fresh groundwater management in the coastal zone
World Delta Summit, The Pulse of Deltas and the Fate of our Civilization, Jakareta Indonesia, 21-24 November 2011
International Centre for Advanced Mediterranean Agronomic Studies CIHEAM course, 22-27 March 2010, Zaragoza, Spain, teaching Quantitative methods
21st Salt Water Intrusion Meeting 21-25 June 2010, Azores, Portugal
Deltas in Times of Climate Change 29 September- 1 October, Rotterdam, the Netherlands
Presentation: Oude Essink GHP, Van Baaren ES, De Louw PGB, 2010, Effects climate change on coastal groundwater systems, focus on the Rhine Delta, Proceedings Deltas in Times of Climate Change, Rotterdam, The Netherlands, Sept-Oct. 2010