Wanda is an advanced, interactive software package to support the hydraulic design process of your pipeline system. The program is used for the hydraulic analysis of steady and unsteady flow conditions in arbitrary configured pipeline networks. Primary subjects to evaluate and optimise a hydraulic design are flow capacity, velocity, flow distribution, dynamic behaviour, economy, safety and control principles. With a hydraulic design, you can direct the mechanical and process engineering to an effective and efficient system.
Wanda can be applied to a variety of types of pipeline systems, like fire fighting systems, sewer systems, water distribution networks, industrial plants, oil pipelines, water cooling systems, hydropower plants and transportation systems for chemical products.
This site provides information on how to use Wanda, it also contains a FAQ and How-To section. For more information on how to buy Wanda please visit the main Deltares systems website or contact us at email@example.com
This is an important bug fix release that addresses the possible undefined behavior found in a few components (see Errata announcement WANDA 4.5.1 for more information). It also addresses a few other small bugs in the user interface, mostly related to the upgrade process of cases made in earlier versions of WANDA (see Release notes & Errata for a complete list).
On February 16th a configuration error was found in Wanda 4.5.1 that could lead to undefined behavior in the following components:
- Air valve (Vent & Vent2Leg)
- Pump when using drive type "Motorfreq"
- Cross (both merging and dividing flow)
- Fast filling pipe
The undefined behavior typically results in a crash, but as the possibility of wrong results cannot be ruled out, we suggest not using Wanda 4.5.1 for calculations involving the above components. On Tuesday the 21st of February the release of Wanda 4.5.2 is scheduled to resolve these issues.
Deltares is pleased to announce the availability of WANDA 4.5. This release marks the sixth release of the WANDA 4 series, and includes many improvements including:
- The presence of short (8dot3) filenames is no longer required.
- Writing output data is faster, which is most noticeable when running simulations on network storage.
- Stability improvements to the Y-junction, the Vent2Leg, and the fast filling pipe.
Wanda 4.5 can be downloaded from the Deltares Download Portal.
- Downloads - Download the Wanda software
- Release notes & Errata — Information and known issues for the latest release
Documentation & Support
Training, Seminars & Webinars
- Wanda Webinars
- Technical articles on Wanda
- Fluid transient fundamentals
- Wanda User Meetings